How did it go at the Farmers Market today?

pasayten

Re: How did it go at the Farmers Market today?

Post by pasayten »

I belong to Winthrop Kiwanis and we have donated to the Friends of the Pool for the Wagner pool... So there's that. ;)
pasayten
Ray Peterson
PAL

Post by PAL »

Just because we may not have contributed one dime or time to the Wagner pool, doesn't mean we don't want a pool for the area. Yes, we all have different passions but swimming in chlorine is not one of mine. I used to add a wooden nickel from Hanks to the jars, one of which is the Pool's.
But after I learned about the MPD plan and the giant expense, I stopped. The message is confusing. "Prop One is for leadership and funding". Doesn't even say what Prop One is, that's why we have to.
Pearl Cherrington
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

Most of the people Paul talked with were not locals, so a lot of visitors. Pete and I were there with signs.No pool booth setup. I heard the Market wasn't making exceptions to the no politics rule.

I spoke with Blue for just a few minutes. She knew the guy I was talking with and came over. After saying hi she brought up the subject that she was trying to get a pool built and that I was opposing it.

I said we are for a pool, just not the 20 Million dollar one that they have planned. I didn't have time to go into the regressive taxes that the FOP MDP would impose on people who can't afford it.

She said that I haven't contributed one dime or time to the Wagner pool. Thats true. Swimming is something I did in pursuit of other sports like scuba diving, wind surfing and finding golf ball shags. I don't swim in chlorinated pools for fun or exercise. Too many free outdoor sports here.

I told her we all give what we can, some volunteer towards a hockey rink, some are volunteer public land watch dogs.

She got that point and said we all have different passions. Exactly Blue.

Perhaps the lesson here is maybe don't expect other people to pay for your passion, especially those who can least afford it.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
pasayten

How did it go at the Farmers Market today?

Post by pasayten »

Avis and I are on vacation on sunny Vancouver Island. Just wondering how events at the Twisp farmers market went today.
pasayten
Ray Peterson