Nikki Haley Draws The Line On Gender-Altering Procedures: ‘We Have To Protect Those Kids’

PAL

Re: Nikki Haley Draws The Line On Gender-Altering Procedures: ‘We Have To Protect Those Kids’

Post by PAL »

It should be on an individual basis and how far along they are in their hormonal development. Some are more advanced than others before 18. To set an age limit is too strict. Many know that they need that change. I would hope there are not alot of people that wake up and think "oh, I think I feel like being a different sex."
I would think a very young child, say 6, would not be able to make an informed decision about the matter. They might feel that something is not quite right with them, but if basing changing over on age, that is too young.
My mother knew a girl that went to a girl's slumber party back in the 50's and two year later she was a boy. That was in the 50's! I don't think it was politisized or regulated back then.
A tatoo is far far different than changing sex.
Pearl Cherrington
pasayten

Nikki Haley Draws The Line On Gender-Altering Procedures: ‘We Have To Protect Those Kids’

Post by pasayten »

This sounds reasonable to me...

State Of The Union
Opinion by Andrew Sanders
Nikki Haley, a Republican presidential candidate, has advocated for a federal ban on gender-altering surgeries and drugs for individuals under 18.

She emphasized the need to protect children from any gender changes that could permanently harm them until they reach adulthood and can make their own decisions.

Haley highlighted the importance of federal involvement in preventing such procedures before the age of 18, comparing it to restrictions on getting tattoos.

“I think there should be federal involvement, that you should not have any gender altering anything done to a child before the age of 18.”

“You can’t have a tattoo until 18. Why are we going to let them do any sort of gender changes before the age of 18?” she pressed.
“Across the board I don’t think that should ever happen and that includes any gender changing drugs. Nothing that is going to permanently harm them.”

“Until they are an adult and can make their own decision. Once they are 18, we are a free country, and you do what you want.”

“But before 18, no, we have to protect those kids.”
pasayten
Ray Peterson