Not to make you all paranoid, but ...

Fun CH

Re: Not to make you all paranoid, but ...

Post by Fun CH »

^

From what I understand requiring names didn't help with the bad faith posts. Only effective moderation works, which that BB doesn't have.

David went way beyond simple ​disagreement with his derogatory word choice, misinformation and leaving out facts that didn't support his POV. Much was down right offensive.

If I had just lost an unvaccinated friend or loved one to Covid and read David's POV that maybe we should just "let the fools die", I would be very offended.

I would speak out against that offensive language, which I did publicly. Apparently someone else did that privately. We both wished to remain anonymous (although many know who I am).

David also advocated for fascist ideals such as rounding people up against their will and cruelly medically treating them. ( vaccinate with a "dull needle").

I tried to show David that "bodily autonomy" is recognized to be an ethical principle by the World Health Organization. It's a concept that not only protects women's rights (that are currently under attack in Texas) but also people who don't desire to receive the vaccine for whatever reason. These are both private personal matters, don't tread on them.

Perhaps it was someone with anti-fascist views who contacted him.(fact; both left, right and independant leaning folks fought against fascism during World War II)

I also tried to show David that the failure to suppress this virus and a faulty Healthcare System that relies on underpaid Healthcare workers are failures of government and not of ordinary people.

David, I wish you well, but please don't waste your ample intelligence on disrespecting our community.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
anonloser

Re: Not to make you all paranoid, but ...

Post by anonloser »

I got into an argument with the admins of methow.net about refusing to post with my name public because it was obvious that the people I disagreed with would have no problem escalating simple disputes to physical threats. That was August of 2020 and I'm disappointingly proven more right every day. Stay safe.
mister_coffee

Not to make you all paranoid, but ...

Post by mister_coffee »

I have a perplexing situation that I wish to share with you.

Over the past month I have received communications from a person or people that were just plain weird. These communications have been out-of-band (not through this bulletin board or methownet or my publicly available email) and in all of them the author (or authors) have gone to some length to make sure they remained anonymous.

The subject of these communications were my opinions on covid-19, masks, and vaccination. I was "encouraged" to "reconsider" my views and they helpfully provided links to people who had viewpoints they felt were more appropriate for me to share.

At no point was any explicit or actionable threat made, but the anonymity and wording of the messages was in itself menacing and extremely creepy.

If anyone else here has had a similar experience I would love to hear from you (via a private message) and perhaps we can compare notes.

Based on these events, I think it best for everyone involved if I took a break from participating in this community and in methownet as well.

All the best to everyone here, and thank you.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea: