Possible housing solution?

tristanbgilb

Re: Possible housing solution?

Post by tristanbgilb »

I do indeed find your buildings brilliant and efficient with self sustained solar designs. With the current building code enforcement, I think used alone they are troublesome but in conjunction with a legal dwelling and septic and well are perfect. I am thinking of the Early Days of sunnypine farm up Twisp River Rd with Viki and Ed running a farming community. People lived in separate huts but there was a community building that was a full dwelling of its own that everyone shared. It was an interesting community model people given voices and chores and regular duties. In such a community setting or village per se it would be a luxury to dwell in such genius type mini homes. I think such liberal living arrangements are being pushed out of the Methow Valley for more moderate views. This land is settling down with the radicals and reactionaries moving on and this land with less hardship and more safety is become affluent America.

Image <=NUCLEAR BUTTONImage

KFAC-LP 105.5 FM Twisp WA
tristanbgilb

Post by tristanbgilb »

Renting is a good way to become homeless in the Methow Valley. I suggest "Buy or let your Methow Dream Die". Renting should not be considered a permanent situation. It is not really sustainable in a valley with so little growing room for dwellings.

Image <=NUCLEAR BUTTONImage

KFAC-LP 105.5 FM Twisp WA
anonloser

Post by anonloser »

Cool concept. I hope it gains traction and proves successful.
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

Post by dcassidy » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:55 pm

Do you have a room in your home you would be willing to rent? Are you looking for a place to live? Silvernest, a homesharing platform, can help you out! (silvernest.com) Methow At Home offered a Zoom meeting with a Silvernest representative for Methow residents. There we learned about how it works. People who have rooms to rent, and people who are looking for places to live, sign up on their platform. Silvernest matches people through a series of questions that are asked on their platform. They carry insurance and take care of the rent. Some people trade partial rent for helping around the home. If you are interested, check out their website.

https://www.silvernest.com
pasayten
Ray Peterson