Hollywood accident?

PAL

Re: Hollywood accident?

Post by PAL »

So you think Alec did that? The woman armorers lawyers have stated that they think it was sabotage. But who was sabotaging whom? Also, the woman was not with the gun the whole time. There were others that were supposed to be with it. It was by itself for 2 hrs. in that shed. The armorer went on her break. She supposedly would have told someone she was going on break and to take care of the gun. This is almost like the gameboard Clue.
Maybe Alec is deranged if he were to do something like that.
Guess we have to stay tuned.
Pearl Cherrington
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

PAL wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:14 am Scary story. Glad the deer was given to someone. Near miss happened to us about 5 yrs. ago. Last day of hunting season hiking near our neighbors property and as we were coming down, saw a large beautiful buck on our neighbors property. Thank god we paused to admire it, with me saying looks like it made it through. Let's say about 60' from where we stood. Kabam! Felt the vibration of the shot. Down went the buck and our neighbor yelled out the hunter. We approached and reamed him a new one and he said he had gotten permission. He proceeded to dress it out. I'm glad he did, but when law enforcement came, he did not get to keep it. He was in trouble. But I think we came close to being in the line of fire. We had on orange, were very aware, but not aware enough, and damn't we didn't expect that on private property.

So those rules posted for handling a gun are right on.

Thanks for sharing that story. I know of several other stories where guns were misused during hunting season.

One was where a lady on a horse was approaching people by the Chewack river and she gave a yell to let them know she was there. The response was to have bullets shot over her head.

Another was between two feuding Neighbors. One neighbor decided to intentionally shoot a deer in his neighbor's yard.

And one of my former neighbors had a riffle with a scope pointed at her. She believed the hunter was checking her out. That incident lead to permanent closure of our neighborhood road to non-residents.

In every sport there are a few folks who break the rules or jeopardize the safety of other participants which in turn leads to more stringent rules or area closures.

I do wonder how much the excitement for the sport and how much the adrenaline of the hunt influences gun safety. Tunnel vision?

I know how skiers can act on a new snow powder day heading to the ski hill with fast aggressive driving as the pending excitement of the ski day takes hold.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
PAL

Post by PAL »

Scary story. Glad the deer was given to someone. Near miss happened to us about 5 yrs. ago. Last day of hunting season hiking near our neighbors property and as we were coming down, saw a large beautiful buck on our neighbors property. Thank god we paused to admire it, with me saying looks like it made it through. Let's say about 60' from where we stood. Kabam! Felt the vibration of the shot. Down went the buck and our neighbor yelled out the hunter. We approached and reamed him a new one and he said he had gotten permission. He proceeded to dress it out. I'm glad he did, but when law enforcement came, he did not get to keep it. He was in trouble. But I think we came close to being in the line of fire. We had on orange, were very aware, but not aware enough, and damn't we didn't expect that on private property.

So those rules posted for handling a gun are right on.

It is too bad Alec Baldwin did not think to check it. I shouldn't assume he would know what blanks look like. That fact that there was live ammo on the set is and it was wrong to have it on the set was a big mistake.
Here's something controversial and I will probably get reamed for this, but what were the political leanings of the armorers? Just a passing thought. Baldwin was an outspoken advocate against gun violence.
In addition, wouldn't an investigative team look at all angles?
Pearl Cherrington
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

ksksam wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:27 am 4 Rules of Firearm Safety
1 Every gun is loaded every time all of the time.
It Is Loaded

2 Don't point it at anything you don't intend to destroy
It Is Loaded

3 Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot. On the target you are ready to destroy.
It Is Loaded

4 Know your target and what is beyond it.
It Is Loaded

The person who pulls the trigger is responsible for the outcome.

Kenny C. Certified Instructor
thanks for the reminder. I check my gun every time I handle it, even when I know its not loaded and has the trigger lock on it.

We had a close encounter shooting incident up behind my house on opening day of hunting season.

A hunter coming down from a nearby ridge spotted a dear 250 yards away in the Valley and fired down on it hitting the dear. According to three witnesses, a lady out for a fall hike dressed in bright orange\red was directly in the line of fire.

She yelled when she heard the shot.

That scream must have scared the hunter away because he left. Did he think that he had shot her and got out of there?

The three other hunters (two were only scouting)in two separate groups who witnesssed this incident thought that the deer was not legal so one of them called the game dept who came up. WDFW determined that the deer was legal, it had that one inch point near the base, but the deer was now abandoned. WDFW gave the deer to the person who called.

Like you say Kenny, you have to know what is beyond your target. A miss high could have been a dead human and I would have lost my wife.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

Yep... I agree... Alec Baldwin was also a producer on the movie... they are the ones that also set the budget... maybe even the ones responsible for hiring of safety related personel... Very sad to see a child lose his mother due to a negligent accident.
pasayten
Ray Peterson
ksksam

Hollywood accident?

Post by ksksam »

4 Rules of Firearm Safety
1 Every gun is loaded every time all of the time.
It Is Loaded

2 Don't point it at anything you don't intend to destroy
It Is Loaded

3 Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot. On the target you are ready to destroy.
It Is Loaded

4 Know your target and what is beyond it.
It Is Loaded

The person who pulls the trigger is responsible for the outcome.

Kenny C. Certified Instructor