Signs stolen

spaceship

Re: Signs stolen today west of Big Valley

Post by spaceship »

I have not heard back . Maybe someone in the neighborhood could go over in person tomorrow to the Twisp DOT shed ? I’m up valley. Peter.
PAL

Post by PAL »

Did anyone ever find out if the signs were at the DOT shed?
Pearl Cherrington
PAL

Post by PAL »

You won't get canned but the post might get deleted.
I do hope people are not taking down the For Prop 1 signs. I mean, I don't like them. But I do believe more of ours have been taken.
Good news. A friend saw a For sign up and a few days later it had been replaced by one of ours.
Pearl Cherrington
kedski

Post by kedski »

Mike K

Re: Public Service Announcement

Post by Mike K » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:30 am
It is really sad that people have to stoop to this level.Everyone should be able to express their opinion no matter the issue. Really it's childish behavior and stupid. I have had this happen in years past and just don't understand what these acts hope to gain.Everybody is entitled to their opinion and should be respected. It never hurts to hear the other side and you may learn something.

Mike Kedrowski

Posted on Methownet BB, see if I get canned.

Post by Guest »

I have a few t-posts to contribute.
PAL

Post by PAL »

It is and it is out of hand. Has to stop and FOP can stop it.
Pearl Cherrington
Jingles

Post by Jingles »

mister_coffee wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:24 pm Is it just me or does it seem this is really getting out of hand?
Not not just you and it is getting more like politicians running for an office, mud slinging, lies and deceit to get what they want
PAL

Post by PAL »

Great. Looks good and sturdy.
Pearl Cherrington
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

We replaced Darlene’s sign and mounted it on t-posts with wire…
Darlene reported the theft to the sheriff.

IMG_8444.jpeg
pasayten
Ray Peterson
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

mister_coffee wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:24 pm Is it just me or does it seem this is really getting out of hand?
Darlene's sign in Twisp across from the CBC Church was stolen...
I have 1 sign left to replace it with.
We will use t-posts and wire.

Desperation is setting in for some of their followers...
Newspaper will be doing story on Proposition 1 towards end of the month.
Hope it is balanced!
pasayten
Ray Peterson
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Is it just me or does it seem this is really getting out of hand?
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
PAL

Post by PAL »

Good point Jingles. If some are at the WSDOT shed then we know they were not placed correctly. However, if none are that means....
And this from the public service announcement I put on the other BB.

Re: Public Service Announcement
Post by BobMacAAM » Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:39 am

I've had two signs stolen. Complaints have been filed with the sheriff's office.

Bob
Pearl Cherrington

Post by Guest »

I have a call into the WS DOT NC div. regarding the missing signs , and if they were involved , how we could get them back ……
I’ve just received a call back from the regional contact person and he is forwarding the information to the Twisp shed director and lead tech .
If they remove signs they usually keep them so the owners can claim them. He said if they removed them they would have also taken down any other signs.
I will post here when more information becomes available.
Peter Larsen
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

Jingles wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:18 am Normally I'd agree with you but whoever took them down left the sign for excavating that was also in the "right of way"
good point. So that would rule out WSDOT workers. I know one of the missing signs near the Big Valley ranch was definitely not on the highway right away.

There are so many ethical concerns I have with the pro-pool folks, such as why they believe taxing low income Valley members such as the senior citizens who built many of the homes here is in any way a good idea.

I also have a problem with the FOP messaging that constantly changes, using racial slurs and removing it without a public apology, and using children under 14 years old as political props in their Facebook political advertising. Can't tell the age of the children in the radio ads a friend told me about, but if they are under 14 years old they are being used for political purposes and that's not right. Add to that the pro pool public derogatory name calling, personal attacks, calling the police on a sign carrying old man protesting on the public square and plastering their oversized posters right over other people's pubically posted flyers.

If they are also stealing legally posted political yard signs, they are breaking the law.

None of that instills any sort of trust.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
Jingles

Post by Jingles »

PAL wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:43 pm This needs to get out there that signs are being stolen and they can be prosecuted. Even though Jingles the likelihood of catching them and charging them may not happen.
Remember, when they go low, we go high.
Normally I'd agree with you but whoever took them down left the sign for excavating that was also in the "right of way"
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

Jingles wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:26 pm Noticed the 2 signs at the intersection of 20 and 153 were missing today

unfortunately those two signs were not placed legally. No political signs can be placed on State Highway right of ways.

"Identifying state highway right-of-way
It’s not always easy to know if a given location is within the boundaries of a state highway right-of-way, but some roadside features can help give an idea of where the right-of-way limits are:

Utility poles are typically located inside the right-of-way, usually as close to the edge as possible. If the poles are located a good distance off the highway, they are probably at or near the edge of highway right-of-way. Generally, if a sign is located between a utility pole and the paved edge of the roadway, it will most likely be removed.
Fence lines are often at the edge of right-of-way, to separate the right-of-way from private property. Some state highways have specific "right-of-way fences", while others have fences installed by adjacent property owners. Generally, if a sign is located on the highway side of a parallel fence line, it will most likely be removed."

https://wsdot.wa.gov/business-wsdot/hig ... ce%20crews.
PAL

Post by PAL »

I posted this on the Methownet BB. I may be the next to be disappeared. I usually sign my name but it sorta is not an opinion. Right.

Public Service Announcement
Post by Reapward » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:29 pm

There are many political signs that will be appearing in the coming weeks. Here is a reminder of what not to do. Some signs are being taken down, it was noticed throughout the Valley. Just don't.
RCW 29A.84.040
Political advertising, removing or defacing.
A person who removes or defaces lawfully placed political advertising including yard signs or billboards without authorization is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable to the same extent as a misdemeanor that is punishable under RCW 9A.20.021. The defacement or removal of each item constitutes a separate violation.

Maximum sentences for crimes committed July 1, 1984, and after.
(3) Misdemeanor. Every person convicted of a misdemeanor defined in Title 9A RCW shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a maximum term fixed by the court of not more than ninety days, or by a fine in an amount fixed by the court of not more than one thousand dollars, or by both such imprisonment and fine
Pearl Cherrington
PAL

Post by PAL »

This needs to get out there that signs are being stolen and they can be prosecuted. Even though Jingles the likelihood of catching them and charging them may not happen.
Remember, when they go low, we go high.
Pearl Cherrington
Jingles

Post by Jingles »

Noticed the 2 signs at the intersection of 20 and 153 were missing today

In regards to the fine and or jail time don't count on it even getting prosecuted in this county, this prosecutor appears to be on the take of those with deep pockets
Have a camera on the sign at my place not that it'll do any good had videos of a gross misdemeanor crime being committed, with positive identification of perps, prosecutor's office never even introduced videos
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

Well they can't steal a newspaper ad... :D

The truth and facts will not be silenced... Not by my ban on the FOTP facebook page nor stolen signs...
https://nopooltaxes.com

Informed voters will soundly defeat Proposition 1...
Then the community can regroup and build a fiscally responsible pool the Methow way.

RCW 29A.84.040
Political advertising, removing or defacing.
A person who removes or defaces lawfully placed political advertising including yard signs or billboards without authorization is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable to the same extent as a misdemeanor that is punishable under RCW 9A.20.021. The defacement or removal of each item constitutes a separate violation.

Maximum sentences for crimes committed July 1, 1984, and after.
(3) Misdemeanor. Every person convicted of a misdemeanor defined in Title 9A RCW shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a maximum term fixed by the court of not more than ninety days, or by a fine in an amount fixed by the court of not more than one thousand dollars, or by both such imprisonment and fine
pasayten
Ray Peterson
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

This doesn't surprise me. Considering at the Twisp farmers market while carrying an against pool prop 1 sign, one pro pool lady called me a Dick, one called the police on me, and one said I was "sick". I guess the parents really want a place to dump the kids while they go for a run, a climb or perhaps an $8 triple chai latte.

When our generation were kids, we ran free which has been studied and turns out it made us more creative and independent thinkers. Turns out the whole helicoptering parent thing is not that good for childhood development. *

I'm checking to see if one sign in Twisp was ripped off. I thought the wind may have broken my sign but now I have to wonder.

*"Having helicopter parents could be hindering a child’s ability to develop problem-solving and decision-making skills; skills that we want our children to have copious amounts of when they leave the nest, so they can make the most well-informed decisions in all aspects of their life and get through it as unscathed as possible. "

"Additionally, if parents exert too much control over situations and step in before children try to handle the challenge on their own, or physically keep children from challenging contexts altogether, they may hinder the development of self-regulatory abilities. Again, this is related to the control of the prefrontal cortex, the more developed it is the more of a lid it can hold down on emotions. "

https://www.internationalschoolparent.c ... athed%20as
spaceship

Signs stolen

Post by spaceship »

2 , no prop 1 signs were stolen today just west of Big valley Ranch between noon and 2 PM off hwy 20 ! Beware ! This is a $1000.00 and 90 days in jail violation !
Peter Larsen