guilty donnie is having a meltdown

pasayten

Re: guilty donnie is having a meltdown

Post by pasayten »

We all have our strengths and weaknesses... And the ability to learn, change, and grow...
pasayten
Ray Peterson
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

dorankj wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:50 pm Well that’s not me Ray and you know that.
Then your profile has been highjacked!!!
Because someone using your name has been doing EXACTLY that for the last 6+ months here.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Well that’s not me Ray and you know that.
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

Actually, trump is by far the biggest jackwagon that has been around in many years...
and many mini jackwagons have chosen to blindly follow and defend him...
pasayten
Ray Peterson
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Buzz off Jackwagon, you’re insinuations of who I am and what I believe mean nothing to me! Try a mirror.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Ken, your comment is an acknowledgment of fealty to Trump the individual rather than to the common good. No President is above the law and certainly no ex president. Sooner or later you'll have to choose between Trump and your country. It's that real.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Yes, it was very convenient that the Democrats, as blatantly self-serving and obnoxiously clueless as they so often are, haven't yet decided to engage in a plot to overthrow our government. The Republicans did exactly that.

That makes the Republicans radioactive to any civilized person who loves this country. And they deserve to be consigned to the ash heap of history, or preferably just forgotten.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

How very convenient of a position for you!
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Your comment is based on whataboutisms. Problem is, nothing and no one can excuse Trump's behavior, it has been illegal and can't be diminished by saying both sides do it.

In this case Trump and his enablers stand alone, theirs are the only crimes that have been committed at this level. For the good of the country his crimes need to be punished. For the good of the Republican Party his crimes need to be acknowledged and prosecuted so that the Party, just as it did after Nixon, can rebuild itself. As long as Trump remains the Republican Party remains without standing.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

But you ‘smart ones’ have it all figured out and not a shred of corruption or grift from the current admin.? No mis-information from your ‘news’ sources? Quite rarified air you live in!
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

Rideback wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:54 am …….and that they rely on separate companies to place their ads, often based on simply numbers games of viewership. And, of course, Fox gets high viewership numbers because it is an entertainment channel not a news channel.
Yep, that’s how it works - these behind the scenes ‘third party’ ad service companies.

Here’s an npr piece about one outfit -check my ads - that is putting pressure on those ad exchanges, through a direct mail effort, in an effort to get advertisers to drop advertising on fox. They have had some success.

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/09/11036908 ... e-advertis
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

David, very interesting point. I've seen when the Fox advertiser boycotts happen how the corp's are quick to point out that 'they didn't know' and that they rely on separate companies to place their ads, often based on simply numbers games of viewership. And, of course, Fox gets high viewership numbers because it is an entertainment channel not a news channel.

But your point on the corps knowing how to design ads that will push the buttons of the targeted viewers of Fox can't be overstated. Of course advertisers target, it's just that most people aren't aware of it and as long as anyone isn't aware they're being manipulated the richer the target they make.
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

dorankj wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:34 pm What childlike behavior! TDS is such an incessant malady.
Didn’t think you would. It’s all just words with you….

“...get them to react in very predictable ways.” Is very true.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

@rideback,

I think you hit the nail on the head. The biggest victims of The Donald's grift has been his own supporters. And it is hard to admit you've been had, and you'll grasp at any straw that allows you to pretend that you haven't been hoodwinked.

Sometimes I watch Fox News for the educational value. Not for the news or editorial or infotainment content, but for the ads. What the ads tell me is that there are lots of marketing and business people who think that Fox News has a captive audience of extremely gullible people. I kind of doubt that businesses are putting up the kind of money to put TV ads on Fox without some pretty good evidence to back that assertion up.

I also find it a bit entertaining how many of my right-wing friends have lost huge sums of money (well, huge for them) in crypto.

In the end, I don't think this has happened because right-wingers are inherently stupid or more gullible than people with other political views. It is because it is well-understood how to push their buttons and get them to react in very predictable ways.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Ken, just remembering all your charges of just wait and see, Hunter Biden's laptop, sleepy Joe, corrupt Biden family while meanwhile the real con man & his family of enablers have been well and truly caught defrauding all of us. Receipts of their felonies, their plotting to destroy our democracy and institutions laid bare and all you can think to say is that we have sugar plum fairies dancing in our heads?

Trump and these crooks defrauded & cheated YOU and they did so by telling lies that you believed. Time to join in and asking for a thorough house cleaning of all these crooks.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

What childlike behavior! TDS is such an incessant malady.
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

Care to put your money where your mouth is, Ken?
I have $100 - versus your $100 - donated to a 501c3 non-profit charity of your/my choice that: guilty donnie trump is either indicted by grand jury or otherwise charged with a Felony offense, in a Federal or State Court, prior to Jan 1, 2024.

I have another $100 - versus your $100 - donated to a 501c3 non-profit charity of your/my choice that: guilty donnie trump is found guilty of a Felony offense, in a Federal or State Court, prior to Jan 1, 2025.

I’ll take one wager on each proposition.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

“As visions of sugarplums danced in their heads”. You guys do have strange Christmas dreams!
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

from Yahoo News:

Yahoo News
Former federal appeals court judge: Trump could be sentenced to prison
J. Michael Luttig, a prominent conservative attorney, thinks the crimes Trump may have committed in trying to overturn the election would require any judge to give him prison time.
Michael Isikoff
Michael Isikoff·Chief Investigative Correspondent
Thu, December 22, 2022 at 2:46 PM PST·5 min read

A former U.S. Court of Appeals judge who played a critical role in the Jan. 6 committee hearings said he is confident that a potential criminal conviction of former President Donald Trump would be upheld by the Supreme Court and any judge would have no choice but to sentence Trump to federal prison.

“I don’t know that a district judge would have any choice but to sentence the former president to imprisonment under the terms and provisions of these various offenses,” retired U.S. Court of Appeals Judge J. Michael Luttig said in a wide-ranging interview on the Yahoo News “Skullduggery” podcast.

Luttig, who for years was considered one of the leading conservative jurists in the country and who testified last summer as a star witness in the committee’s hearings, also said that he sees “poetic justice” in the panel’s investigation. In particular, he singled out the work of Vice Chair Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., who, despite losing a primary to a Trump-backed opponent, pressed the panel to make its criminal referral to the Justice Department, which recommended that the former president and others be investigated for violating four federal statutes in their efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

“The poetic justice of these historic hearings is that the president set out to destroy the January 6th committee and the political careers of its members,” said Luttig. “And it is the committee that will end the political career of the former president. It will have been Liz Cheney who ended Donald Trump's political career— his, not hers.”

Luttig’s emergence as a prominent Trump critic was a surprise to many given his conservative Republican credentials: He had served as a lawyer in Ronald Reagan’s White House, and as a top Justice Department official under President George H.W. Bush who helped steer Clarence Thomas’s confirmation to the Supreme Court through the Senate. As a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals in the mid-1990s, he hired two clerks who would later play major roles in Trump’s efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election: John Eastman and Ted Cruz. (In 2016, Cruz — now a Republican senator from Texas — referred to Luttig as “like a father to me.”)
PAL

Post by PAL »

His personal safety...? Donnie needs a good scare.
Pearl Cherrington
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Rideback wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:35 pm ... I wonder if his secret service detail has to go to prison with him??
My understanding is that in the unlikely case he is sentenced to prison, yes, the Secret Service would have to accompany him there.

If I were to venture a guess, I have my doubts that he will actually serve time in prison. The security issues that would raise are just too great and having an ex-president in that situation raises a bunch of issues both for his own personal safety, the safety of secret service agents, and the safety of other prisoners.

I suppose they could put him in the Supermax where he would have little to no interaction with other prisoners.

My bet is he will be sentenced to house arrest and will be required to stay either in his rooms at Trump Tower or at Mar-a-Lago, with restrictions on his Internet and phone use and visitors restricted to immediate family. That's probably as good as can be reasonably hoped for.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

The set up for insanity pleas is getting pretty thick. I wonder if his secret service detail has to go to prison with him??
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

The meltdown continues….
Two from the 23rd….
C9C4EDD2-793A-4304-8EFD-0A8E020FDA92.jpeg
221A7424-D351-4C55-AA8D-4CE1B92DBCED.jpeg
…and from the 24th….the poor man really does need a sippy cup and a straight-jacket.
C6F624B2-D591-4BF5-B337-71778C1849C6.jpeg
Ho ho ho, merry merry indictments, dumbazz donnie!
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

At this point he's making a pretty good insanity defense. If the Ways & Means committee votes today to make his IRS returns public that would probably make him even more crazed than he started out at today. No doubt the returns will demonstrate a) he's no billionaire b) he did indeed sign returns that showed awareness of false valuations of his properties c) he did put his payment to Stormy Daniels (illegally) into the legal fees column. And of course there will most certainly be a backlash from banks and lending instit that were lied to.
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

guilty tubby is going into full blown, delusional, gibberish mode….

this morning (tuesday) on his social site:
3FB56997-C993-4330-B082-5F4BA55CC0A1.jpeg