Ron Johnson snaps at Chuck Todd for asking why he's not investigating Jared Kushner's foreign money

Rideback

Re: Ron Johnson snaps at Chuck Todd for asking why he's not investigating Jared Kushner's foreign money

Post by Rideback »

Trouble with letting the Ron Johnsons keep talking is that they don't stop themselves, they'll fill up the whole segment with word salad and then the segment goes viral of how he didn't just win but that his talking points win as well. His talking points are then weaponized as reality.

Pushback is a tough go but Todd was right not to follow Johnson down his confounding rabbit holes but to maintain his original questions. It all makes for miserable watching and because Todd has a history of not pushing back the Ron Johnsons love coming on MTP because they can have their way with him with no fear of being cross examined. Chris Wallace has been a good example when he was on Fox of holding everyone's feet to the fire.
mister_coffee

Re: Ron Johnson snaps at Chuck Todd for asking why he's not investigating Jared Kushner's foreign money

Post by mister_coffee »

Maybe it is just me, but when I see someone who continuously talks over someone else I usually just tune them out. They obviously aren't trying to win the debate on the merits. And you don't "win" a conversation by shutting everyone out.

If conservatives (or liberals, or anarchists, &c) want to make a point, let them make it. Let people hear multiple viewpoints (within reasonable limits, nobody needs to hear from flat earthers or their ideological equivalents, nobody needs to bring back the Whig party) and make their own judgements.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
PAL

Post by PAL »

Saw it too. Did he ever. I'll say one thing for Johnson, he is very good at being defensive and talking over Todd. He just wouldn't shut up and let Todd ask a question, which seemed to infuriate him! Johnson just didn't want to hear it.
Pearl Cherrington
pasayten

Ron Johnson snaps at Chuck Todd for asking why he's not investigating Jared Kushner's foreign money

Post by pasayten »

Story by Tom Boggioni • 2h ago

A"Meet the Press " interview with Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) turned combative on Sunday morning after the Republican lawmaker isn't calling for an investigation into the money former White House adviser Jared Kushner is raking in from the Middle East.

Sitting down with host Chuck Todd, Johnson was asked why he is so interested in the foreign business dealings of Hunter Biden, son of President Joe Biden while turning a blind eye to the billions the husband of Ivanka Trump received from Qatar when he was still working for Donald Trump.

That, in turn, led Johnson to launch a diatribe against the NBC host and complain about how he is treated when he is invited to appear.

"We're you at all concerned -- your Senate Democrats want to investigate Jared Kushner's loan from the Qatari government when he was working in the government, negotiating many things in the Middle East? Are you not concerned about that?" Todd prompted.

"I say that because it seems if you're concerned about what Hunter Biden did, you should be similarly concerned about Jared Kushner?" he pointedly asked.

"I'm concerned about getting the truth, I don't target individuals --," Johnson parried which led to the NBC host to interrupt, "You don't? You're targeting Hunter Biden, you're targetting an individual."

"Chuck, you know, Chuck, part of the problem, and this is pretty obvious to anybody watching this," a fuming Johnson replied, "You don't invite me on to interview me, you invite me on to argue with me."

"I'm trying to lay out the facts that Senator [Chuck] Grassley and I uncovered and they were suppressed, censored. They interfered in the 2020 election. Conservatives understand it," Johnson argued. "Unfortunately liberals in the media don't and that's part of the reasons our politics are inflamed. We do not have an unbiased media. We don't, it's unfortunate and I'm all for a free press."

"Senator, look, go to partisan," Todd began before changing direction as he talked over the GOP lawmaker. "Senator, look, we're trying to deal with issues here and facts. You can go back on your partisan cable cocoon and talk about media bias all you want, I understand it's part of your identity."
pasayten
Ray Peterson