Elected officials pay raise?

mister_coffee

Re: Elected officials pay raise?

Post by mister_coffee »

How exactly would that decided and by whom?

Our state government has about 70,000 employees. I'm pretty sure the CEO of a private business with 70,000 employees would get paid more than $198,000 per year, which is what our governor's new salary will be.

Part of me says that we shouldn't pay elected officials any salary at all, but rather have a fairly generous per diem system that covers their reasonable expenses while in public service. You can make arguments about the advantages and disadvantages of such an approach. But from my standpoint I managed to volunteer for both the Federal Government and the State when I was much younger and much more impecunious than I am today. If I could manage then I can't see why a lot of eminently qualified people couldn't manage the same thing.

During WWII there were the "dollar a year men" who volunteered for government service during the war and were paid $1 per year.

Also, if you do your research you will find this entertaining list of our state's highest paid employees. The governor isn't even on the list.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
Jingles

Elected officials pay raise?

Post by Jingles »

Tis really to bad the elected officials vote for their own pay raises instead of getting paid for actual jobs completed, if they got paid that way they would owe the tax payers because of doing diddly squat
https://share.newsbreak.com/31cvcauq