Choppy Waters?

Fun CH

Re: Choppy Waters?

Post by Fun CH »

Its not surprising the Bo Thrasher and Blue Bradly have taken over as co-chairs of the FOP. As mentioned before, both have a vested interest in Commercial mountain guiding in the North Cascades, ie NCH and NCMG. Both companies have violated their Forest Service special use permits and NCH broke the law when they cut down a Federally listed sensitive species in order to establish unauthorized helicopter landing zones. Those White Park Pine trees are now listed as threatened.

Why would anyone trust people who violate their permits and damage pristine Mountain environments? And now the climbing wall gym is back on the table as part of the Mega pool /spa. No surprise there either.

Another ambiguous statement From the FOP

"The MAC could be a phased project, starting with an outdoor pool, eventually covering it, or adding a gym or other amenities."

Are other former members now on the FOP Advisory Board positioning themselves to be on the Twisp and Winthrop Town councils?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
PAL

Post by PAL »

That's the post. When I went to that page I coud not see it anymore. Also, I finally read the newspaper and FOP plans to be at Farmer's Markets.
Pearl Cherrington
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

fotp_fbcomment.png
pasayten
Ray Peterson
PAL

Post by PAL »

I did notice that you had made a comment on the FB page but now it is not there.
Pearl Cherrington
SOulman

Post by SOulman »

Pearl -

I am only calling attention to what was published in the MVNews and the corresponding change on the website.

I simply found it curious that the now former president of the organization stated a commitment to stay involved with the issue after leaving the organization.

I am not questioning the personal motivations involved.

The supporting argument for Proposition 1 is weak, at best. Additional drama involving the organization is indicative of a poorly-conceived and poorly-executed proposal.

That, in itself, should be reason enough to vote NO on Proposition 1.
PAL

Post by PAL »

Did their website say this? Did they give reasons why? If there were reasons, they are usually personal.
It's up to the voters now and it is up to us to make sure the correct info is out there. Remember, we are voting against a Metropolitan Park District first.
They can back off and have the language say "a pool" but now do they want an outdoor pool and to use our taxes to pay for that or do they want the mega spa? What will they tell us?
Pearl Cherrington
Jingles

Post by Jingles »

Sounds like instead of the captain going down with the ship he is leaving the ship with the rest of the rats
SOulman

Choppy Waters?

Post by SOulman »

Does anyone else find it curious that the president of the group promoting Proposition 1 has suddenly stepped away from the position?

Organizations running smoothly toward electoral victory don't trade horses within sight of the finish line.

The group's website describing the aquatic center also has tacked away from an indoor pool, now publicly kicking the can down the road to a future governing board (if approved).

There is so little reason to support Proposition 1.
Last edited by SOulman on Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.